Frustrating doctor experience with tingly and numb arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating doctor experience with tingly and numb arms

Hi everyone .. Just wondering if anyone else here has had frustrating doctor experiences? I'm an older adult and I have had scoliosis since I was a kid (no surgery) ... for the last 2 months both my arms have been tingly and numb feeling. My balance has also been off. I went to an orthopedic dr who insisted it must be from my neck. I went with a disc and report from 4 yrs ago showing I had moderately severe scoliosis... apparently he never bothered to look at these things ... He only took XRAYS of my neck and also ordered an MRI . the MRI showed cervical spondylosis , bulging and herniated discs plus a ridge of bone spurs. He said he had no idea why this is happening to me! And also said my neck wasn't bad and that these things don't cause my issues! When I went on numerous trustworthy sites like this one, Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic , all these things can cause my issues! .. Then I told him I have been having thoracic spinal pain, he said "oh your scoliosis isn't bad" I looked at him dead in the face and said my curve 4 yrs ago was 49 .. it's bad .. then he got up from his chair, put his hand on my back and said "oh yeah, it is, make another appointment so we can look at it" ... what was the point of me bringing my records if he never looked at them! I'm so upset and at a complete loss here!
    Unfortunately my insurance has a limited amt of providers for scoliosis. Plus I notice many don't do adults they only do children. I don't want to go back to this guy! I feel like I need another opinion ... Has anyone experienced the arm tingling and numbness and or bad dr visit ?? Thanks for listening ...
    Last edited by JustPeachy; 09-13-2024, 03:52 PM.
Working...
X